Forums > Website News and Announcements
Merchz Recent Issues
11/2/14 - 5:12PM - 2 years ago
Posted by: Snow
Snow

Administrator
589 Posts
20 Reputations
While we still haven't fully resolved everything, I figured I would at least fill you all in on what has been happening.

First, for some reason, when our server goes offline and comes back, important web-server services are not automatically starting. I've since personally added in a sort of fail-safe for this problem.

Second, the reason our server was initially going down was we were maxing out memory. This is seeming to occur linearly, rather than all at once, which signals a sort of memory leak. We're still not confident that we've discovered this problem yet.

Third, we went down again yesterday and then again last night (in EST times) due to running out of disk space. This happened I suspect because our web developer turned on some heavy error logging, and either didn't realize how much space it was going to consume over an extended period of time, or just plain forgot.

I turned off the main error logging problem before going to bed last night, but woke up to Merchz being down due to yet another error log that was running. I've turned that one off as well, and I am now monitoring the total storage to hopefully catch any other that might be running.

I'll do my best to keep you all informed when/if new things come up.
-Founder of Merchz
#3131 11/7/14 - 7:07AM - 2 years ago - Last Edit: 11/7/14 - 7:11AM - [quote]
Posted by: sam_here
sam_here
VIP
553 Posts
57 Reputations
There appears to be no major issues over the past few days. The issue resided in the chatbox and the taxing queries it required. I refactored the code and it appears to be working as planned now. Some other scripts use(d) the same taxing queries and will slowly be transferred to better queries. Since the chatbox has a high refresh rate we noticed the flaw in one of our functions, which is why we didn't notice it earlier.
#3147 11/13/14 - 8:47PM - 2 years ago - [quote]
Posted by: G0deric
G0deric
VIP
7 Posts
0 Reputation
Is there any update on the tier 3 suggestions not displaying properly issue yet?
#3148 11/13/14 - 8:49PM - 2 years ago - [quote]
sam_here
VIP
553 Posts
57 Reputations
Is there any update on the tier 3 suggestions not displaying properly issue yet?
No, but I'll try my best to remember. If you don't see me post here by tomorrow afternoon.. post again.
#3149 11/13/14 - 9:02PM - 2 years ago - [quote]
G0deric
VIP
7 Posts
0 Reputation
No, but I'll try my best to remember. If you don't see me post here by tomorrow afternoon.. post again.
Thanks sam, heard your pretty busy with stuff
#3150 11/14/14 - 8:53AM - 2 years ago - Last Edit: 11/14/14 - 9:12AM - [quote]
sam_here
VIP
553 Posts
57 Reputations
When did it break exactly, do you remember? The prices in our search tables stopped updating on the 27th of October (on the graphs they kept updating), which controlled most of the stuff like this.. I fixed the issue but the prices will take a day or two to update fully.
#3152 11/14/14 - 9:12AM - 2 years ago - [quote]
G0deric
VIP
7 Posts
0 Reputation
When did it break exactly, do you remember? The prices in our search tables stopped updating on the 27th of October (on the graphs they kept updating), which controlled most of the stuff like this.. I fixed the issue but the prices will take a day or two to update fully.

It was about then, cant remember exactly but it has been a couple of weeks.
#3157 11/19/14 - 9:41PM - 2 years ago - [quote]
G0deric
VIP
7 Posts
0 Reputation
Hello sam, nothing seems to have changed yet.
#3158 11/21/14 - 7:23AM - 2 years ago - [quote]
sam_here
VIP
553 Posts
57 Reputations
Okay, I have this tab open and I'll try to work on it soon. Sorry about the delay.
#3160 11/22/14 - 8:39AM - 2 years ago - [quote]
sam_here
VIP
553 Posts
57 Reputations
Sorry for the long wait period, I've uploaded a fix but we again have to wait on the ge to update again. The issue was again with our updater not importing the prices as it was stuck on some lost items. Again, it's not fully finished but it's almost done and it should appear accurate .. if any.
#3162 11/24/14 - 9:27AM - 2 years ago - [quote]
sam_here
VIP
553 Posts
57 Reputations
*fingers crossed* made a few more updates to it.
#3167 11/26/14 - 6:09PM - 2 years ago - [quote]
G0deric
VIP
7 Posts
0 Reputation
Thank you sam, looking much better
#3168 11/30/14 - 1:09AM - 2 years ago - [quote]
sam_here
VIP
553 Posts