|Merchz Labs > Rejected Ideas > Being able to instant message other users directly.||Submit Idea|
|Being able to instant message other users directly.|
|4/13/16 - 9:45AM - 10 months ago|
0Basically being able to click someone's name in the global chat and being able to message them. The other person could only be contacted if they are on-line, and each user would have the ability to appear offline if desired.
This system would work in a similar way to Facebook's browser messaging system, have little chat tabs at the bottom of the screen.
If you'd like to see this system implemented, up-vote this post!
|#4168 4/14/16 - 5:40PM - 10 months ago - [quote]|
Rsn: Divine Ploow
We've gotten this suggestion in the past but we will not be implementing this for a few reasons:
- There is no way for us to moderate this and it would be abused by people with bad intentions (spamming, hacking, phishing, impersonating,...)
- People can already speak to each other ingame or send each other pm's through the pm system.
- The global chat is not used that much that it would warrant the need for private chats.
- I would personally get far too many private chats and spend my time answering people individually, rather than in the open where others can learn from it too. The amount of pm's I get today is still manageable, chats would not be, I turn my RS pm off for this reason.
- It would further decrease the amount of interaction on logs, forums and the main chat, spreading out the community. We're not at a stage where we're large enough to always have people interacting everywhere.
Thanks for your suggestion though.
|#4177 4/17/16 - 12:12PM - 10 months ago - [quote]|
0This is all makes complete sense, thanks for the reply.
Might as well put this in denied ideas now I guess.